Friday, June 25, 2010

when people manage you...

This morning a robbery happened right in the university’s building. Here in the girls’ hostel. The gruesome thief took almost everything that he can and didn’t even have compassion for these students. A total of six final year students were ripped of their most precious belongings. Among the items stolen were cellphones, wallets and laptops – the very core of a student’s living. The incident happened around 2 a.m. to 5 a.m. When the house residents became aware of the situation, they immediately went downstairs to the fellow’s house to make a report. However the student’s were sent back broke and disappointed. The officer suggested them to file a report only after working hours have started since he was resting at the moment. When the matter was taken to varsity’s management, they were blamed for their own negligence.


This incident reminded me of my own episode a couple years back when I first started attending this uni. Although the case was different and the faulty was completely mine, hostel management sure did have their fair share. I brought my mom’s beloved cooker to the hostel unaware of its prohibited status. Living in the hostel, we surely had to follow rules and regulations. One of them; which is not to bring high power consuming electrical goods. Long story short, it was finally confiscated. Being that it had great sentimental value to my mom, I pleaded for it to be returned. At first, I was given an hour long lecture about rules and regulations and how it was not supposed to be returned back after confiscated. Then, I was told to write a plea letter stating my apologies and regrets. When I finally send my letter, the supposed officer was on vacation and I was told to send it again a couple days later. Came a few days, that person was still not around so I left it with her assistant. When I came to check back on my letter, the officer claimed to never receive it and that I had to resend my letter. Not a few weeks later, a notice was posted. It was about the release of confiscated items. Since I was so busy that week, I had no other choice but to wait the coming week to settle this matter. But to my disappointment, they already disposed it. I remembered talking to the management about the notice but they claimed to have never posted it. If only I’d ripped one of the post and shoved it to their face…

No comments:

Post a Comment